In-store merchandise return policies
To receive a refund you must:
- Have your original receipt for the purchase.
- Return general merchandise within 10 (ten) days of purchase with attached original tags.
Money will only be refunded through the same method you paid: cash, debit card, credit card or DalCard.
Textbook return policies
Online order return policies
Please contact Shauna Nickerson at (902) 494-3042 before sending a web order back to the Dalhousie University Bookstore for a refund.
Defective, Damaged, or Incorrect Merchandise Returns
- Please check the condition of all packages for damages. If significant parcel damage is found, please sign the waybill damaged and refuse delivery of the package. The carrier will then return the order to the bookstore at no charge to you.
- Defective or damaged merchandise that has been signed for from the carrier must be returned within 7 (seven) business days of receipt so that we may order a replacement.
- All returns must be sent via a trackable carrier service (Canada Post Xpresspost, Purolator Courier, FedEx, UPS, etc.) so proof of shipment and delivery can be obtained by both parties.
- Parcels that are sent through regular mail cannot be traced and if lost, are the sole responsibility of the sender. The shipping costs to return the corrected order back to the customer will be absorbed by the Dalhousie University Bookstore.
- Return shipping charges for defective, damaged, or incorrect order merchandise will be refunded to the customer only if an original copy of the receipt for return shipping costs is included.
- All refunds must be processed to the credit card used for the purchase.
All other return types
- All items purchased via our website may be returned within 30 (thirty) days of purchase.
- Merchandise must be in new / unused condition and returned prepaid with the original sales receipt and packaging.
- In the case of textbooks for shorter courses (intersession and other short courses), the time is reduced to 10 days from the date of purchase.
- Shipping charges, duties, brokerage fees, and all other international tarifs are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable.
- All refunds will be processed to the credit card used for the purchase.
- Please do not return shipping C.O.D. (Cash on delivery), as it will be refused.
- Unacceptable returns such as those in poor condition, without store receipt(s), opened shrink-wrapped / packaged items, partial returns, returns beyond the stated timelines, or other non-returnable / non-refundable items will not be refunded and may be shipped back to the purchaser at their expense.
- All returns must be sent via a trackable carrier service (Canada Post Xpresspost, Purolator Courier, FedEx, UPS, etc.) so proof of shipment and delivery can be obtained by both parties. Parcels that are sent through regular mail cannot be traced and if lost, are the sole responsibility of the sender.
- Ensure items are returned in their original packaging and within specified time frames.
- Include original receipt with return.
- Include receipt for return shipping charges (damaged, defective, incorrect orders only).
- Please reference your Online Order Number on the outside of the package (as indicated in the example below).
- Please include an explanation as to why the item is being returned.
- No refunds on calculators, stethoscopes or sale items.
Dalhousie University Bookstore
Shipping & Receiving Dept.
Re: Online Order Return #xxxxxxxx (where xxxxxxxx = your order number)
6136 University Ave.
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Shipping & Receiving