How do I make a purchase online?
- You will need to either log into an existing Bookstore account (this is not the same information as your NetID) or create a new account.
- Please take note of the order number provided in your confirmation.
- Taxes are based on the sales tax amount for the province in which you place your order. International and US orders are not charged sales tax.
Please call (902) 494-3042 or email Shauna Nickerson at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your online order. Please have your order number ready when you call.
The following table outlines the shipping services available and transit times for orders placed through the Dalhousie University Bookstores:
Please be aware that during COVID-19 shipping times may be delayed due to a global increase in online ordering.
|Regular||5-7 business days||4-9 business days||N/A|
|Add 3-5 business days for rural areas
Add 5-10 business days to territories
|Add 3-5 business days for rural areas|
|Priority||1-4 business days||3-7 business days||6-20 business days|
|Add 4-7 business das for rural areas and territories||Add 3-5 business days for rural areas||Add 3-6 business days for rural destinations|
|Overnight||1 business day (rural destinations may take longer)
We cannot guarantee overnight delivery to PO Boxes.
|1-3 business days||1-4 business days|
|Additional surcharge may apply for guaranteed 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. delivery (where available)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for quote
We are not able to guarantee overnight shipping from the Dal AC Booksore in Truro.
|Guaranteed delivery to major urban areas only||Guaranteed delivery to major urban areas only|
- Please allow up to 72 hours for order fulfillment (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Items ordered from the Truro Campus are not eligible for "Free Instore Pickup" on the Halifax Campus. If you would like items from Truro to be picked up in Halifax, shipping charges will be applied.
- Orders placed after 2 p.m., will not be shipped until the next business day. (Examples: An order placed after 2 p.m. on Wednesday will ship on Thursday. An order placed on Friday after 2 p.m., will be shipped on Monday.)
- Please note that shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Method of shipping is the sole discretion of the Dalhousie University Bookstore unless otherwise stated.
- The Bookstore reserves the right to change delivery option, if option chosen is not applicable.
- Orders will only be shipped using traceable services. Orders are always sent with a signature required for delivery. Regular parcel mail is not offered.
- Special shipping arrangements can be made by contacting Shauna Nickerson at email@example.com.
- Degree frames can only be shipped via FedEx to provide insurance against loss or breakage.
- We do not ship frames internationally, due to the difficulty in ensuring they arrive intact.
Orders shipped outside of Canada may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country.
These fees are not included in your shipping charges.
The Dalhousie University Bookstore has no way of estimating customs fees, taxes, duties etc. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
Online Order Return Policies
Please contact Shauna Nickerson at (902) 494-3042 before sending a web order back to the Dalhousie University Bookstore for a refund.
Defective, Damaged, or Incorrect Merchandise Returns
- Please check the condition of all packages for damages. If significant parcel damage is found, please sign the waybill “damaged” and refuse delivery of the package. The carrier will then return the order to the Bookstore at no charge to you.
- Defective or damaged merchandise that has been signed for from the carrier must be returned within 7 (seven) business days of receipt so that we may offer a replacement.
- The Bookstore requires that all returns be sent via a trackable carrier service (Canada Post Xpresspost, Purolator Courier, FedEx, UPS, etc.) so proof of shipment and delivery can be obtained by both parties.
- Parcels that are sent through regular mail cannot be traced and, if lost, are the sole responsibility of the sender.
- Return shipping charges for defective, damaged, or incorrect order merchandise will be refunded to the customer only if an original copy of the receipt for return shipping costs is included.
- All refunds must be processed to the credit card used for the purchase.