Imagine arriving to your residence in September and your books are waiting for you! That's exactly how Books in Res works. Order your books online between July 16 and Aug. 30 and they'll be boxed up and waiting for when you arrive on Move-in Day!
Books in Res ordering period: July 16-Aug. 30, 2018
Everything will be waiting for you when you arrive. Just select ‘Pickup at MY DALHOUSIE UNIV RESIDENCE’ at check out.
Are you an Agricultural Campus student? See important information related to the availbility of your course materials.
Please note: Books in Res is only available to students living in residence. Mini-fridges and microwaves are available for delivery on the Halifax campus only.
You can even save money!
Use your DalCard to make your purchase and you'll receive 5% Back in your account. These funds can be used towards future bookstore purchases.
What to expect
- Pick up your books and other merchandise on move-in day between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Delivery is free to residences!
- Your mini-fridge and microwave will be delivered to your residence room, plugged in and all the packaging removed.
- If a textbook is not available when you place an order, it will not appear on the list of available books. Please re-order at a later date or contact Shauna Nickerson at Shauna.Nickerson@dal.ca for more information.
- Early arrivals: if you are permitted to move into residence early, please email Shauna Nickerson to arrange to have your order picked up.
Pre-ordered textbooks and dorm gear may be picked up at the following locations:
- Gerard Hall—Gerard Hall front desk
- Glengary Apartments—Risley Hall front desk
- Grad House—Gerard Hall front desk
- Howe Hall—Cameron study hall in Howe Hall
- LeMarchant Place—Delivered to student rooms
- Mini Res—Cameron study hall in Howe Hall
- Risley Hall—Delivered to student rooms
- Shirreff Hall—Shirreff Hall dining hall
- Agricultrual Campus (Chapman, Fraser, Trueman, Graduate/Mature Housing)—Delivered to student rooms
***Online Textbook Rental is NOT available through Books in Res***